To get to Sandhead follow the A716 from Stranraer or the A715 from Glenluce. This will be the longest stretch of sandy beach in the South Rhins. Luce Sands run for approximately five miles from Sandhead to Glenluce.
There is unlimited sand, especially so when the tide is out. There is ample car parking, picnic tables, good toilet facilities and a play area for children.
Small boats can be launched at high tide at both Sandhead Bay and the nearby Sandmill beach (access through the Sands of Luce Caravan Site). Wind surfing and water skiing is also very popular within this sheltered bay. Sandhead Caravan site is also situated along the beach.
- Beach Lodge, Labrax Bay
- Kildrochet Cottage
- Dam Park Cottage, Drummore
- Puffin House, Mull of Galloway
- Kittiwake House, Mull of Galloway
- Lightkeepers' Cottage, Mull of Galloway
- The Whins
- Shore Cottage, Leswalt
- Luce Bay View, Sandhead
- Kenmuir Cottage Ardwell
- Helensdale, Drummore
- Kirklauchline Cottage, Portpatrick
- Auld Smiddy Cottage, Mull of Galloway
- Kirkbride Farm Holiday Cottages, Port Logan
- Float Bay View
- Luce Cottage, Ardwell
- Glen Auchie Cottage,Mull of Galloway
- Glenlee Cottage,Drummore
- Harbour Row, Drummore
- Seaside Chalets, Ardwell