Mull of Galloway Wedding Experience
The Mull of Galloway Lighthouse in South West Scotland is a very special venue for your wedding. We offer a service tailored to your requirements and we are licensed for civil marriages and partnerships, naming ceremonies and renewal of vows. We can cater for ceremonies just for the two of you or for an intimate gathering of 25 guests or less at our unique site at Scotland’s most southerly point. For a no obligation quote or to arrange a visit please contact us by or by telephone on 01776 980 090.
A Unique Wedding Experience
We work closely with our local registrars and we can offer a wedding with a difference surrounded by spectacular sea views at Scotland’s most Southerly Point. We have various locations within the site licensed for your ceremony:
- For lovers of lighthouses and engineering we can hold ceremonies inside the engine room next to the Kelvin Diesel Engines that once powered the Mull of Galloway Fog Horn.
- Alternative indoor space for your wedding ceremony is located inside the RSPB Visitor Centre on the reserve and this room can be decorated to suit your requirements and can seat up to 25 people.
- We have a choice of outdoor space available on the lawn by the side of the lighthouse, in the courtyard by the lighthouse or in the walled garden.
- Unfortunately we can’t control the weather and in the event of rain or wind, an outdoor ceremony will need to be relocated indoors.
Residential wedding packages are available for exclusive use with accommodation available in our three holiday cottages at the lighthouse. We can accommodate up to 16 people, plus infants and pets in the three cottages. We can also recommend other local accommodation nearby.
Wedding receptions can be held at the Gallie Craig coffee house, a short walk away, or we can recommend other venues a short drive away. With residential packages you are very welcome to bring your own party food and drinks and enjoy your celebration al fresco or inside the cottages.
The Mull of Galloway is a very special location for your special day. The lighthouse and the sea views are an amazing backdrop for your wedding photographs. Wedding photographs can be arranged at the top of the lighthouse subject to approval by Northern Lighthouse Board and subject to weather conditions on the day.
“Wow! All three cottages taken for the Stevensons’ wedding. Perfect location, superb views and wildlife, a unique place for family and friends to come together to celebrate our wedding. Staff brilliant and helpful. An inspiring place. Don’t want to leave!”
Mr and Mrs Stevenson, Cumbria. Married 21st September 2015
Arrange your Mull of Galloway Wedding
We realise that every wedding is different and costs can vary for each individual wedding party. You may be looking for your wedding for just the two of you or for an intimate gathering of your family and friends. You can even bring your dog with you.
You are welcome to bring your own flowers, music and decorations or we can arrange to do this for you at an additional cost using local small businesses and suppliers. We can recommend local photographers, hand-made wedding invitations, wedding cakes, favours, flowers and more.
We have a white pop up shelter, white chair covers, champagne flutes, bunting and fairy lights to help make your wedding extra special.
Please ask about our residential wedding packages at the three Lighthouse Holiday Cottages.
Registrar’s fees are paid directly to them and the fees and arrangements with the registrar are the responsibility of the wedding couple. For information about a civil marriage ceremony at the Mull of Galloway, registrar fees and arrangements please contact Annan Registration Office, 15 Ednam Street, Annan, DG12 6EF on 01461 204914 or you can send an email to
To discuss your wedding please contact us on or call us on 01776 980 090. Visit our Wedding Gallery to see photographs of our Mull of Galloway Weddings. A preliminary visit to view the venue and facilities can be arranged.
The Mull of Galloway Trust is a registered Scottish Charity and the proceeds from your wedding help to maintain and preserve the site for future generations.
We do have a few wedding requests:
- No smoking is permitted within the lighthouse or associated buildings.
- Wedding set up must take place on the day of the wedding.
- Please don’t bring rice, confetti and other artificial materials.
- A staff member will be on duty and present at the site.
- No dress changing facilities are available for non-residential weddings.
- Children under 16 and pets must be supervised by an adult.
- The lighthouse, exhibition, RSPB and Gallie Craig are also open to the general public at certain times of the year.